If I had the time, I would totally have planned a party. Along those lines, I have some ideas below:
|Such a beautiful setting especially with the red wine glasses!|
|An easy centerpiece of red carnations & Hot Tamales :)|
|Generally fun decorations... but I love the Pink Flamingo decorations|
To go along with some of these great ideas I have some great recipes I've found!
Strawberry Mascarpone Crepes
- 8 Servings
- Prep: 45 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry or vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- In a blender, combine the batter ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar, basil and lemon juice. Gently fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, extract and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour about 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Serve with strawberry topping. Yield: 8 crepes.
|Wonton Kisses Recipes|
- 24 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place a chocolate kiss in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over candy kiss and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons for 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
|Apple-Cherry Pork Chops|
- 2 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme and salt. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the apple juice, apple, cherries and onion. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.