Entry Numbero Quatro on Fall recipes I want to try to make!
Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups dried elbo macaroni (8 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh sage or 1/2 tsp. dried leaf sage, crushed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sage leaves (optional)
directions1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta in a large pot following package directions. Drain cooked pasta, then return to pot.
2. For cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add whipping cream and milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, pumpkin, and sage until cheese is melted. Stir cheese sauce into pasta to coat. Transfer macaroni and cheese to an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
3. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, walnuts, and oil; sprinkle over pasta. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with sage leaves.
Do you have any recipes I should try? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!